Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Timely Manner

Do you wear a watch? I've gotten out of the habit, as I tend to rely on my cell phone to check the time. But it's not always appropriate to pull out a phone. Glancing at a watch can be more discreet, or, depending on the size of the gesture, it can send a clearer message! I've also heard that you should always wear a watch to an interview, as it makes a statement that you care about being punctual. Each of these watches below make a different kind of statement, too!
 
 
A Timely Manner


1. Swatch "Something New" $50

We gave this watch to my brother-in-law for Christmas. It is simple and understated, and the face is easy to read. It looks great on both men and women.

2. Fossil "Retro Traveler" $155

I love the trend of women wearing men's watches. It's so alluring! An oversized watch makes a bold statement. Keep your necklace and earrings simple, and let your wrist shine!

3. Anthropologie "Viscid" $58
This is a steal! It's available in several different colors, but mint would be my obvious choice! The flexible band looks comfortable, but the gold trim on the face allows it to be more dressed up, too.

4. Michael Kors Oversized Chronograph $384
This is a more feminine alternative to wearing a men's watch. It's boldly oversized, but beautifully embellished with crystals. What a dream!



Now I'm going to share a quirky trick with you. Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night, remember something you must do in the morning, and then have trouble falling back asleep for fear of forgetting? When I was in the habit of wearing a watch, I had a solution. I would move my watch from my left wrist to my right. When I awoke in the morning, I would be startled to find my watch on the wrong wrist. Then suddenly, this would jog my memory and I would remember what it was I needed to do! (It's sort of like tying string around a finger, except that I've never actually seen anyone wearing string).

What's your watch style? I'm definitely going to get back in the habit of wearing one.

6 comments:

  1. La Mer wrap watches are my favorite -- and now they're making a Target line that is actually afforable!

    But I am also in love with Michael Kors rose-gold everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooOOoo...I hadn't heard of La Mer before, but those are really great!

      Delete
  2. I have two watches: a sporty-waterproof one that I can wear when I run or swim to use as a timer or to mark laps (Timex Ironman 50-Lap), and a dressy one that the band looks like a bracelet- because I wear the watch face on the underside of my wrist. Both have to be fairly inexpensive, because I lose them often! Leslie- you can sleep wearing your watch?! I can't stand velcro or metal stretch bands that can pinch the little hairs on my arm, or anything too chuncky that is uncomfortable on my wrist when I type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's interesting that you wear the face on the inside of your wrist! And no, it doesn't bother me to sleep with a watch. But now that I think about it, I guess most people take theirs off!

      Delete
  3. Woah, number three is really cool! I'm having a bit of a moment with aqua at the moment :)

    www.leanerbythelake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! My wedding was mint green (inadvertantly, it was supposed to be a "mix of greens" and then more and more mint, whoops! :) So months later my eye is still drawn immediately to mint/aqua things!

      Delete