Thursday, March 14, 2013

I Love/I Hate Perfume

What is your favorite scent? It's hard to narrow it down, but I think if I had to choose one favorite, it would be the scent of birthday candles right after they are blown out! It's a mixture of sugar and smoke, vanilla and melted wax.


31 Candles!


Do you suppose that could be captured in a perfume?

If anyone could do it, I think it would be CB I Hate Perfume. This Broolyn-based company makes creative and unusual perfumes.

Many of the perfumes are available in travel size (2 ml), which would be a great way to try a few scents before settling on your fragrance. Each fragrance is a beautiful idea, from "A Room With  A View" (a la E.M. Forster!) to "Winter 1972."

I would like to indulge in a little bit of Wild Hunt, which is described as a blend of "torn leaves, crushed twigs, flowing sap, fallen branches, old leaves, green moss, fir, pine, and tiny mushrooms."

I'm longing to go to their Williamsburg gallery and smell their collections. We're hoping to take a trip to Brooklyn soon!

What's your favorite scent in your memory? What would be your favorite scent to wear as perfume?



Photo by Papieren Geluk via Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment